1/25/15

AND I SWEAR THAT I DON'T HAVE A GUN


Nirvana played a huge role in my younsgter years, soothing my family dramas with their mix of rage and sadness. Kurt Cobain was my teenager crush, which I guess was depressing, as he was dead since I was 8. My love for him went as far as spending hours online in prehistoric dial-up 56kbps internet doing my own research wether he indeed killed himself and if I should do it too. He's the reason I started playing guitar.
Teen times.
Leaving the pimple dramas aside, I cannot wait to watch "Montage of Heck", the first fully authorized documentary of Kurt, produced by his daughter, Frances Bean.
The film, which premiered today at Sundance Film Festival,  reportedly "features many never-before-seen home movies and music of Cobain’s, as well as eye-opening interviews with friends and family". According to Rolling Stone, the film doesn't portray Cobain as a spokesman for a generation, but as human being, and a husband, and a father.
Tired of all the deifying reports of Kurt out there, (as it usually happens with dead artists), this is one I really look forward to. 4th of may is the official release.

No comments:

Post a Comment