8/25/11

HOME CAN WAIT. I'M STAYING LONGER IN NYC


Tomorrow its gonna be a week that I'm in New York. I've always been curious about this place. First time here.
I ended up here because I was presenting a brazilian TV show, and last season was filmed in Chicago, in a festival called Lollapalooza.
After the end of Lolapalloza I had some weeks off and decided to come experience NYC. I knew I had to leave around the 24th or 25th because I had a gig in La Paz, Bolivia, and planned to spend some time in Brasil afterwards. As usual, nothing goes as planned.
I just got a mail today, on the very first hours of august 24th, saying that the festival in Bolivia is not gonna happen anymore. "A problem with the sponsor". There was this whole Brazil team supposed to go: me, VJ Spetto, Phantazma… nobody is going anymore.
It's Bolivia, yeah, I was worried it could happen, but because of that I left my plans opened. Right now I'm staying in a friends place in Manhattan.
I was worried the Bolivia thing wouldn't come out because then I had to look for a new place to stay over here. As my friends know, I hate looking for rooms/apartments. Especially because in the past years I have been doing that every two months. Find a place, unpack, start feeling cozy, packing and leaving again. My back is fucked up from carrying shit around and sleeping in weird beds, airplane/bus seats and sometimes even in cold floors.
Before I found out about the festival gig being cancelled, tonight I went to have a drink with Mark (a friend Ive made in Brasil, in a media and technology festival called Vivo Art.mov.). We were talking and Mark told me he is leaving to Austria on thursday. As it turns out, I can rent his room in Brooklyn. 

How perfect can that be? Things happen for a reason. So f*ck it all, I'm cancelling my ticket and staying in New York City. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment